Aug 04 2016
Star Trek – The Beyond Experience
The Buzz around Star Trek’s latest flick that was released in India on July 22, 2016 was very much expected. After all, only aliens can have a take on Rajnikant for a spectacular box office clash. Being a true movie buff I was looking forward to watching and experience the most iconic release of Star Trek rebooted series. To my delight, it was the best cinematic experience I had in 2016. Thank you #StarTrekInIndia.
Star Trek is a craze in itself. The franchise has always been dominating the techies and grabbing their attention as well as amusement since its inception. It is a wholesome treat for those having science fiction fantasies. Speculation in media just to have a glimpse of character’s looks, photos from sets or even spotting extras outside the studios has always created hustle and bustle. This reinforces the craze of Star Trek with people.
In lieu of the release of Star Trek Beyond – A Space Adventure (which is absolutely a must watch !!), here are some little-known facts about the #StarTrek series.
- Star Trek Beyond celebrates the 50th anniversary of the original TV series debut show, which was released in 1966.
- The famous quote said by Captain Kirk in the original series “to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilisations to boldly go where no man has gone before” was there to describe the goal of the mission. This quote motivated zillions of fans that it actually became their goal, mission, and vision of living the life.
- Star Trek Beyond has the intrepid space mission in which the main characters of the movie Captain Kirk, Spock and their friends head out on a 5-year long mission. (Take a clue, the next series will continue the plot and be a bigger treat).
- Since the movie is releasing to mark the 50th anniversary of the most iconic science fiction series we have ever seen, it inherently picks up the ongoing story. Star Trek Beyond also entertains with new adventurous flavours that definitely tickles the new age audience (our very own millennial, who believe they are ahead in everything) and they are loving it.
- Director Justin Lin gave us another surprising punch with Idris Elba. He is indeed playing a villain but not Klingon, as it was rumoured. It is highly suggested to watch the movie yourself to know more about his role and how his voice is doing all the work.
- The movie has a gay character.
- The movie leaves you with an optimistic dose.
Technologies are getting upgraded so frequently that it is difficult to keep up with the audience likings and living up to the expectations of the awesome work prequels have done. Captain James and Spook are back with Star Trek Beyond and the audience are giving rave reviews.
Star Trek Beyond is ought to tickle the science fiction fantasy in your taste buds and take your love for travel to another level.
Jun 27 2016
Do something that keeps you alive.
Stuffed inside your comfy sofa, chilling with music, having a cup of coffee in one hand and following internet celebs for what they are upto. Taking screenshots and making notes of almost everything. If you believe you are working, then let me tell you – its nothing. It can be anything but doing !
Enough of absorbing things and talking great about what others have done. Please stop looking at what millennials are doing. What are their work ethics. How large or easily available network they have. See how carelessly they are taking risks, churning out their creativeness and consistently giving out new every time. You might be in 20s or just entering in your 30s. Well, you might have experienced your market for more than 2 decades and now in 40s. It doesn’t even matter.
Start doing things, yourself. Jump onto the wagon, make mistakes and see what works for you. Put your hands on that “Enter” button and do it now. There are no books, no laid rules about how to progress. Of course there are theories, some well executed case studies that you can follow and plan your thing. If you have absorbed tons and tons of knowledge, your next craving should be to get that into your work.
Everyone is a learner. But as a Entrepreneur / a startup guy / freelancer / artist / blogger / influencer our working should not stop because we are still-learning-so-taking-break phase.
Keep doing things.
Learn the best while doing.
Doing is what makes feel alive.
More power to you
PS: If this makes sense, please share it for those who may also appreciate and are in real need of a kick to get up and get doing.
Jun 20 2016
We are artists.
We are full of ideas.
Our diaries are messy.
We are fussy with choices.
We can tell things precisely.
We are active at 2 am
We need a nap at 8 am.
Our phones are full of screenshots.
Our goals shinning on boards.
We want this, we want that.
We interact and make friends.
We subscribe to nearly everything.
We dream and desire
one day we will inspire.
This short messy poem is for all those entrepreneurs, freelancers, artists, home based business people who are continuoulsy thinking and doing things. They know no limits, they keep on doing and finding a way to their dreams.
“Being in this mess, makes you imperfectly perfect. You own this”
Cheers to everyone of you
PS: If this makes sense, please share it for those who may also appreciate and are lovely in their own unique mess.
Jun 18 2016
The key is in those 99 things that did not work out.
“Once upon a time there was a King and his Queen, they had a vision of serene and prosperous kingdom where only love flows … and then they made this happen.”
Viral stories. Profitable Business Models. Celebrity Start Ups. Flood of Followers. .. Nothing just happen overnight, neither there is any coined strategy for this. Just look at all those 99 things that are not working out for you, analyse them, find some missing directions and you will yourself create that ONE thing which works out !!
I have got 99 problems and failure is none of them.
There is absolutely no one who has reached their desired destination in first shot. For success there might be 99 things that have gone wrong. Don’t see them as failures and then eventually go on to reject the whole idea or method in your due course of action. Sit back, relax and observe them again. Learn why these 99 things failed. Which direction you missed and how close were you.
These 99 things that did not work out are important. Go back to all the ideas you listed in initial stage, who knows you may find some hidden treasure there. You can be either an entrepreneur, a freelancer, a home based start-up or may be a creative genius artist. You all have burned your midnight oil in statistics, targets, data sheets and what not ! You have buried your days travelling and meeting people for real or in virtual world (browsing, searching and interacting thousands through social media). Shouted your USPs like crazy and shower for longer hours to create new master plans. You have partied on Saturday nights to chill down, pour all your heart in your work but still got injured and success looks like a little away.
You read case studies and success stories, they are all about that 1 thing which took the person to success. I am trying to make you re think that you are trying but still not taking you to success and find those 99 things in all those success stories you are reading.
The King and Queen have travelled the journey well with their 99 things in those small 3 dots, you never got to see them.
PS: If this makes sense, please share it for those who may also appreciate and embrace quick motivation.
Jun 03 2016
Update June 12, 2016
This book is now available at 99 cents only. Go to amazon link – https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01GG8J26MWe all are guilty of not being happy with our weight gain and many times keep searching weight loss techniques. This whole world is full of confusing weight loss researches, conclusions and sadly food products are manufactured as market friendly not health friendly.Dr Anu Gupta is a Consultant Radiologist, coach, author, speaker, workshop leader and a new mom to a 10 months old angel has herself struggled al her life losing over 40 pounds. She has encapsulate all her experience in this books with a complementary workbook. She ensures that you can permanently lose weight without boring diets, calorie counting maths, over promising drugs on internet and painful gym routines.Check out what Dr Anu Gupta, has to say about her debut book.Preview first few pages of this book and know what it has to offer you – http://dranugupta.com/book/This book is totally FREE at Kindle for few hours only – till June 5, 2016 noon IST.Download your book, right now !! and pamper yourself with a healthy no torturous diet ..Download the book and support the author.
Feb 26 2016
Case Study: Twitter Customer Service by British Airways, we love.
When you are providing services, you are prone to people asking for weird and almost absurd requests. Sometimes they come up with genuine questions that are nowhere related to your line of business but for the humanity sake, you so want to reply them.
Talking about the digital world and digital marketing, Twitter is a social media platform that no service company can think to ignore. The prompt replies and being humble on twitter is important. British Airways showed that being a little funny yet concerned about people (or their customers) doesn’t hurt a bit and might help them with their doubts.
It all happens when a woman asked a question to Britsih Airways about carrying some baggage.
Do I have to pay extra for all the emotional baggage? @British_Airways
— sosadRNAF (@romstah) July 7, 2015
And Britsih Airways questioned them back, sticking to their baggage policy.
The conversation kick started and she came back with this
@British_Airways I’m afraid it does, Helen. Help me.
— sosadRNAF (@romstah) July 7, 2015
Looking at some seriousness of the tweet, BA come back and really helped her in unpacking some her not required baggage.
@British_Airways how do you unpack years of emotional baggage? Don’t put me in a cargo, Helen. 🙁
— sosadRNAF (@romstah) July 8, 2015
BA made an effort to make her feel better
She appreciated their effort, just like us. js
@British_Airways you’ve been too kind to me, Helen. Appreciate! xo
— sosadRNAF (@romstah) July 8, 2015
Isn’t sweet? British Airways well done !!
Feb 25 2016
We are so diversified that we need different things to get back on right track and overcome our bad habits.
Sometimes we need a good dose of motivation by revising our moral values. How about Alok Nath?
Sometimes we need a good hot kick and get the things done. Sunny Leonne, will work?
Some of us are otherwise so chilled out that we need a great shot of laughter and that’s how we are sorted. Pappi jee, or Deepak Gobriyal?
In the latest youtube video by Aur Dikhao titled “11 minutes” featuring Alok Nath, Sunny Leone and Deepak Dobriyal, story context based on Paulo Cohelo’s famous book Eleven Minutes, an effort is made to make people quit smoking. Needless to say, quite an impressive effort. Conceptualised by Jeet Mody and made by Ankit Sharma has got 8 million + views on youtube in 24 hours of launching it.
Check out the quirky Public Service Ad and see how these 3 different flavoured people bring magic together and motivate you to quit smoking. Quit now, before it takes the most precious time of your life.
Feb 21 2016
Every time we think of a website, the most critical (read difficult) thing is to design its homepage. Homepage is a virtual door to your business, your idea and its the first shot people will consider your pitch to be yay or nay!!Here is a checklist for 12 critical homepage elements on your website that you should have (compiled by Hubspot)
This checklist for 12 critical homepage elements on your website that you should have (compiled by Hubspot) Use it as a cheat sheet. Save the link and share with your team.
Well, are you aware of the facts mentioned here that decide the action of any random visitor on your website?
- It will take only 3 seconds for a random visitor to figure out what business (or your website) has to offer. If you have made it very fancy which needs some effort and brain exercise to understand your business, you have lost the game..entirely!
- We know this is asking for too much !! But let’s just take it, sub-heading is required. It is your wingman, the additional punch you absolutely need to zero on your selling pitch. (This is why you have a website in first place.)
- The primary focus should be making your ‘Call to Action’ powerful. That’s one tool you can not afford to miss.
- Putting up a supporting (and appealing) image to charm and tempt your visitors is another ‘should have’ to support your selling pitch.
- Everyone wants to know the benefits, keep them highlighted. (You are working so hard on your home page for benefits only!)
- Boost some proofs, your social media properties are the best to add credibility to your work and claims you are making.
- Be easy on the visitors and make navigation simple and obvious. You will definitely want visitors to have a look at everything you offering at the website.
- Ever heard, ‘content is the king’, well still it is.
- A secondary ‘Call to Action’ on the home page will prove to be really powerful, just not avoid this.
- You need to give a good shout out to your features, people will then follow the suite.
- You might get visitors who do not want to buy anything at that moment but they may wish in future. Throw some additional resources or offers to invite them again.
- Show off your numbers, they always work.
- If you have not done optimizing your website for mobile users then do it now. As per 2015 data 43% searches and all online activities are done through mobile only. Some more wise words mobile app is not always a solution.
Have a good look make some points and see what your homepage is missing.
Feb 21 2016
Blogging for the last couple of years was considered a ‘money making hobby’. The advancement in this trend let people actually churn out their business minds and come up with many new innovative business models.
Today swag for web portals, e-commerce websites and mobile apps has replaced the coolness of making money from your blog.
I know many entrepreneurs and start-up people who are more focusing on overnight money making sources. Well, we all know nothing comes overnight but looking at the business world around us, no one has the patience to give 4 to 5 years into brand making and then thinking of profits. Within less than a year or two brands, today get the highest popularity. They use all their charm and create the maximum profits, later years are to maintain that tremendous growth and launch more brands. Thus, their immediate focus is on selling off their product or services and get the maximum attention.
Once upon a time, every blogger or a website owner was going google ad words way to make more money. Now this comes secondary to them and thus they overcome the easiest and high potential money making stream.
Do you know 70% of the google profit is coming through Adwords? This is clear that google is generating a lot of revenue by publishing ads on our blogs and websites. A part of this revenue comes from your blog. The numbers you see can be very little for a day or insignificant for a month but if you collect them for all seasons in a year, the number will be good enough.
I agree filling up your website page with ads is a bit tacky and losses your credibility with your audience. But hey who doesn’t need some funding? And we are smart and creative enough to display the right amount of ads and not annoy our audience with the location. It can be done in a very intelligent way.
Focus on this lost option on your site and make the most of it. Google Adwords is still very very powerful.