Feb 21 2016
Every time we think of a website, the most critical (read difficult) thing is to design its homepage. Homepage is a virtual door to your business, your idea and its the first shot people will consider your pitch to be yay or nay!!Here is a checklist for 12 critical homepage elements on your website that you should have (compiled by Hubspot)
This checklist for 12 critical homepage elements on your website that you should have (compiled by Hubspot) Use it as a cheat sheet. Save the link and share with your team.
Well, are you aware of the facts mentioned here that decide the action of any random visitor on your website?
- It will take only 3 seconds for a random visitor to figure out what business (or your website) has to offer. If you have made it very fancy which needs some effort and brain exercise to understand your business, you have lost the game..entirely!
- We know this is asking for too much !! But let’s just take it, sub-heading is required. It is your wingman, the additional punch you absolutely need to zero on your selling pitch. (This is why you have a website in first place.)
- The primary focus should be making your ‘Call to Action’ powerful. That’s one tool you can not afford to miss.
- Putting up a supporting (and appealing) image to charm and tempt your visitors is another ‘should have’ to support your selling pitch.
- Everyone wants to know the benefits, keep them highlighted. (You are working so hard on your home page for benefits only!)
- Boost some proofs, your social media properties are the best to add credibility to your work and claims you are making.
- Be easy on the visitors and make navigation simple and obvious. You will definitely want visitors to have a look at everything you offering at the website.
- Ever heard, ‘content is the king’, well still it is.
- A secondary ‘Call to Action’ on the home page will prove to be really powerful, just not avoid this.
- You need to give a good shout out to your features, people will then follow the suite.
- You might get visitors who do not want to buy anything at that moment but they may wish in future. Throw some additional resources or offers to invite them again.
- Show off your numbers, they always work.
- If you have not done optimizing your website for mobile users then do it now. As per 2015 data 43% searches and all online activities are done through mobile only. Some more wise words mobile app is not always a solution.
Have a good look make some points and see what your homepage is missing.
Feb 21 2016
Blogging for the last couple of years was considered a ‘money making hobby’. The advancement in this trend let people actually churn out their business minds and come up with many new innovative business models.
Today swag for web portals, e-commerce websites and mobile apps has replaced the coolness of making money from your blog.
I know many entrepreneurs and start-up people who are more focusing on overnight money making sources. Well, we all know nothing comes overnight but looking at the business world around us, no one has the patience to give 4 to 5 years into brand making and then thinking of profits. Within less than a year or two brands, today get the highest popularity. They use all their charm and create the maximum profits, later years are to maintain that tremendous growth and launch more brands. Thus, their immediate focus is on selling off their product or services and get the maximum attention.
Once upon a time, every blogger or a website owner was going google ad words way to make more money. Now this comes secondary to them and thus they overcome the easiest and high potential money making stream.
Do you know 70% of the google profit is coming through Adwords? This is clear that google is generating a lot of revenue by publishing ads on our blogs and websites. A part of this revenue comes from your blog. The numbers you see can be very little for a day or insignificant for a month but if you collect them for all seasons in a year, the number will be good enough.
I agree filling up your website page with ads is a bit tacky and losses your credibility with your audience. But hey who doesn’t need some funding? And we are smart and creative enough to display the right amount of ads and not annoy our audience with the location. It can be done in a very intelligent way.
Focus on this lost option on your site and make the most of it. Google Adwords is still very very powerful.